Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday nights at the Zuge Zoo:)

Most Friday nights I don't plan a meal and instead we set out a spread for snacking on throughout the evening. It's a great family night of hanging out, eating and relaxing together. This is a typical Friday night spread for us. Cheese curds, summer sausage, cheese spread and crackers, guacamole & chips, blackberries, peaches, roasted edamame. We also had some crispy butterfly shrimp but they were still in the oven when I took the picture. Ena's favorite is the guacamole and the shrimp. Now that Alton is a toddler, he can eat most of this too. I make sure there are at least 3 different things that he can have. He loved the cheese curds, sausage, blackberries and peaches all cut up into little toddler size pieces.
I've been getting into the summer groove this week. This week was my first week off of work after working some summer inservice days and going to an out of town conference after the students last day of school 2 weeks ago. Now I'm done for the summer and I have 7 weeks home with the kids before I head back for inservice again and the littlins head back to daycare. It finally got nice and warm this week and we set up our giant pool:) Athena is thrilled to have the "spa" all to herself while Alton naps in the afternoon. We really splurged and bought a sprinkler today too;) I"m going to try to soak up every minute of summer and spending time with the kids!

No comments: