Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Snooger Paps!!

One day when I asked Athena what kinds of fruits and veggies she wanted me to buy for the week for after school snacks, she asked for "snooger paps". It took a few minutes of her describing to me what it was, but I finally figured out that she wanted "sugar snaps". It was so darn cute though, that sugar snap peas are still and will forever be known as snooger paps in our house:) Well, guess what we found when we checked the garden today? A few snooger paps!!! She really was excited to show off (and then inhale) the snooger paps. Poor thing is squinting into the sun in this picture, thus the funny face:) Lots of other things are coming along also.


I spy with my little eye some cherry tomatoes! Cilantro seems to be coming along. I see lots of mama's favorite pico de gallo in our future:)
Here is the box with the carrots and the second and third planting of radishes.
We picked the first planting of radishes a few weeks ago.


Check out these gems:) They were dee-lish!The flower barrel in the middle is filling in nicely also. John said I planted it way to full. Pshaw! Silly boy!
A few green beans were ready too:) Just a handful. All of which got chowed down on the spot by the princess.
Woke up to see this little guy peaking out from the field of marsh grass behind our house. I'm really hoping he doesn't like snooger paps!!

No comments: